Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cashless Society = Morons

More and more people are turning from cash to credit or debit cards. This is a bad idea people. For one, people can steal your credit card and drain your bank account. They can ruin your credit. If you lose money, its lost and no more damage can be done. Another evil, people forget how much they've spent when using cards. With cash you feel the impact, makes you have better spending habits.

I'm on this topic for two reasons:

1. Most airlines no longer accept cash. This is against federal law unless US Jurisdiction doesn't reach 30k feet in the air. I need to research this more. It is Legal Tender for all debts public and private. Says so on the bill. They can get away with it over international borders etc but they shouldn't be getting away with it in the States.

2. I paid for a 10.94 meal with 21 bucks (twenty and a one). The girl looked at me and said "no, it was ten...". Yeah, you moron, i wanted a fucking ten and change back. I blame this on the fact that most people use cards now and just let their computers do all the thinking. I've also run into similar issues with fast food workers. I'll give them 1.14 (dollar, dime, four pennies) for a 1.09 charge and they'll get all flustered and not realize that i want a nickel back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

I completely agree that its ridiculous for any business not to accept cash. I also agree that people are morons, and have had similar experiences when receiving change... mostly at the Husky football games. I get lots of blank stares when the total comes to 11.84 and I give them 21.84, in an effort to make things easier and receive a 10 back.
I will say, though, that I very seldom carry cash. Its hard to want to pay in cash when I get airline miles every time I use my debit or credit card.

1/02/2009 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home